Back from Italy.
Back to work.
Back in the dating game.
But I also don’t quite feel back.
Maybe it’s jet lag. Maybe I’m still recovering from being sick for 2 weeks on vacation.
Whatever the reason, I feel a little floaty, disconnected, unsure where I am and where I’m going.
My inclination is to set some goals to help ground me, but every goal I can think of seems terribly inadequate or way too much.
- Work hard at work. It’s crunch time. Get it!
- Catch up on all the episodes of The Voice. And Grey’s Anatomy. And Glee. And anything else I’m feeling drawn to. Watch ALL the TV!
- Get my dating life in order. What do I want? Who do I want to draw in with a revised profile? What do I like / not like about the folks I’m currently dating?
- Get off my butt and move to Oakland.
- Get serious about all the boring, everyday stuff that keeps me going – cleaning, cooking, meditation, exercise. Figure out what it takes to just do it and get it done and enjoy doing it.
- Read ALL the books. So many in my pile and I keep adding more!
- Plan a Ballots & Beyond fundraiser
- Get writing & editing on personal projects
- Call people! Hang out!
Too many goals! All feel important! Or compelling (The Voice is on in the background right now)! Can’t choose tonight … but trying to do all the things only leads to doing none of the things.